This page contains affiliate links. Please read our disclosure for additional info.
I’m so excited that you’ve made the commitment to start living the life of your dreams by starting your own business! I know this is a huge step that can feel overwhelming so I’ve simplified the process to make it as easy as possible. This guide provides you with step-by-step directions that will enable you to start a profitable blog website in less than 30 minutes. Below are the action steps that you’ll implement to start your profitable blog website. If you have any questions, email us at Team@blackbloggersnetwork.com.
Implement these 4 Simple Steps to Start Your Own Profitable Website
Register Your Domain Name on Siteground
Set Up Your Business Email Account
Customize Your Website
Here’s the Details….
Step 1: Register Your Domain Name on Siteground
- Go to the Siteground website and click ‘Sign Up’
- Select a plan. Since this is a new business, the features provided in the StartUp plan for $3.95/month provides everything you need and more
- Register your new domain name
- Enter all of the required information to secure your domain name and hosting services
Step 2: Install WordPress
- To begin, login into your Siteground account by clicking ‘Login’ at the top right hand corner
- Click on ‘My Accounts’
- Click on ‘Go to cPanel’
- In the autoinstaller section, click on ‘Wordpress’
- Click ‘Install’
To complete the configuration of your WordPress blog installation you must select specific settings. Here are my recommendations…
- Choose protocol: In this you can select www with your domain or nonwww. I prefer using non-www, as it keeps the length of my URL shorter
- Choose domain: Select the domain name from the drop-down on which you want to install WordPress.
- In Directory: Leave this field blank
- Database name & Table Prefix: Leave it as it. There’s no need to make any changes.
- Sitename & Description: Add your sitename and description. This can always be modified after your WordPress blog is installed.
Step 3: Set Up Your Business Email Account
- Go to the cPanel and click on the Email Account Icon under the mail section
- Enter a new email account you wish to establish and fill out the necessary details (name, password, quota (up to 2000 MB) and click ‘Create Account’
- Your newly established email account will appear. Click ‘More’ and then click ‘Access Webmail)
- Select your Default Webmail Application. They appear in order from most functionality/features to least. If you want a lot of features, choose horde. If you prefer to have a standard email account without many extra features, choose SquirrelMail and if you want something in between, select roundcube. After you click ‘Set as Default,’ your new email address will popup and you’ll be officially in business.
Step 4: Customize Your New Website
- Check the email address that you used to establish your Siteground account. In it you will find a message entitled ‘Wordpress Installation Confirmation.’ This message includes all of the information that you need to login to your WordPress dashboard and begin customizing your website.
Quick Question: How do you like the look and feel of the Black Bloggers Network website?
When developing the BBN website, we used the Architect theme from My Theme Shop. If you’re new to blogging and working on developing your website or if you are an experienced blogger looking to rebrand, I highly suggest that you check out My Theme Shop. You can save the money that you were planning to spend on a website designer and use one of their themes to create your new look. Trust us. It’s super easy. If we can do it, anyone can. Even you!
Congrats on starting your own business! We wish you much success.